Intuitive painting by Carly Swenson

 

Carly Swenson is my favorite artist in town. I love her intuitive organics and fluid aquamarine . I first came upon her work hung in the lobby of the Theatre Garage to accompany a performance of the Merchant of Venice by the Classical Actors Ensemble. I tracked Carly down thru the internet and this is the first painting I've bought "off the wall" - without knowing the artist beforehand. 

Since then I've come to appreciate the personal and artistic sensitivity that guides her explorations. I bought two very different works from her. First I commissioned the portrait of  Marvin,Oliver and Lexi as a gift for my daughter-in-law, Anne. Then a couple years ago for myself I got one of her Bloodwork series, painted with her menstrual blood.

nakedcarlyart.wordpress.com/

        

No comments:

Post a Comment