Lake Nokomis by Heidi Arneson

Heidi Arneson is brimming with talent in so many different fields - a sort of Babe Ruth or Shohei Ohtani of the arts. Her quirky performance pieces could leave you laughing- or crying - while her weird deadpan delivery left you scratching your head, trying to figure out why. She paints and she recently completed a very readable novel: a thriller and a coming of age story with disturbing hints of child kidnappings.

When I lost my home downtown and Susan Opitz let me stay in her basement, Heidi brought me this painting for a housewarming present. In return I read her a poem and gave her my Invisible Jazz cd. Later she told me she had it playing while she was painting her house. That's how singers have it over poets.

Heidi's paintings 

Heidi's novels

All things Heidi

Heidi's videos

One Sweet Breath 4:18

No comments:

Post a Comment